Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Review: Naked Dough Cookie Dough, Old Street, London

 
When I was a bit younger I often used to drag my husband to new and unusual places in London, like a pop-up ice rink at Christmas, or the ice bar, where you are given furry capes to wear and drink from glasses made of ice. We haven’t done that sort of thing in ages as we are more likely to just go out to dinner or the cinema these days, but when I read about a pop-up cookie dough café I really wanted to try it.
 
My husband loves that sort of thing and it wasn’t far from where we both work, within the underpass at Old Street tube station. Called Naked Dough, the pop-up has now been extended until the end of 2017 and it’s well worth a visit if you are in the area – be aware though that if you are coming here just for this, it’s basically a takeaway dessert place.
 
 
 
 

Naked Dough serves raw cookie dough, but crucially it’s made without eggs so there is no risk of salmonella from eating it raw. They also have a vegan version which sounds really nice – cookie monster, stuffed with Oreos. You can have your dough in a cone or tub, and eat in or take away – and even take it home and keep it in the fridge for up to three weeks (if you can manage not to eat it for that long!).

Their flavours include Cookie Monster (Oreos),  Unicorn Food (marshmallows and sprinkles) and Nak-Ed Sheeran (salted caramel and honeycomb) plus more. You can combine flavours so my husband had Cookie Monster and I had the other two I just mentioned.


Yes, it's tooth-achingly sweet and after eating a tub I wished I'd been sharing it with someone else - I don't think we ended up having any dinner that night - but it was really good. Like when you're baking cookies and want to eat all the raw dough, but know you shouldn't - only better! I'd love to know the recipe and how they get the taste and texture just right - and it's made me want to experiment with cookies if not cookie dough. Salted caramel and honeycomb sounds pretty good to me whether it's baked or raw!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment