Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Friend is a Gift card

 
A long time ago I bought a book of stickers which had phrases or sentiments about friendship on clear backgrounds. I used some of them in scrapbooking but had found it difficult to use the rest in card making.
 
I came across this one which said “a friend is a gift” and knew I had some present (gift) shaped die cuts somewhere, and found them quite quickly. I wanted to brighten the card up a bit with a coloured background so chose a piece of stripey backing paper, then mounted the sentiment on a plain piece of card as the background of the sticker was see through.
 
I chose a present die cut in the same pink colour scheme and positioned it at an angle next to the words. I decided the bottom corner needed something so added some butterfly stickers on a clear background; I think in retrospect I would have been better off leaving them out but I do quite like this card. It’s also useful that it doesn’t specifically say birthday, so can be used for multiple occasions.

I'm sharing this with Creative Sentiments, as their challenge currently is "place a sentiment on the front of your project".

0 comments:

Post a Comment